Thursday, February 25, 2010

Intro

I decided to do this blog for 2 reasons: The first is I've had a lot of friends and family ask me for recipes to help them eat healthier. This makes it easier so I can share them with everyone. The second reason is so I can keep my own recipes in a somewhat organized fashion. Right now I have some written on a few pages in a notebook here, a notebook there, a few recipe cards, some printed off papers, a cookbook here and there, and some in emails.
Now here is my disclaimer: I am a "do as I say, not as I do" type of person. I am all too guilty of not practicing what I preach. I have no will power when it comes to sweets and chocolate but I do try to eat healthy once in awhile. I "try" to follow the Weight Watchers point system so on most the recipes I will try to include the points value for the total recipe and then recommend a serving size but since everyone eats a different amount, you can divide it into the amount of servings you choose if you have the total point value. I see recipes for brownies for 1 point per serving, but then you find out that serving is the size of your pinky fingernail. Now if you have the will power to only eat that small a serving...I salute you, but for most of us, we like a little more.
So, if you see me indulging in the triple chocolate fudge cake....don't think bad of me....my mortal weakness is chocolate and anything it is found in. Maybe this blog will help keep me motivated to eat and find more healthy recipes. I hope you enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment