Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chocolate Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last night my hubby asked me if I would make some treats for him to take to work for their "guys night." They just wanted something simple like chocolate chip cookies, but we decided to do mint chocolate chip cookies. As usual, they turned out pretty good. But it got me thinking, these would taste good with more mint but I don't think the mint would go that well in the regular dough. Then it hit me....I made these super awesome chocolate fudge cookies a few weeks ago for my 4-layer cookie bars, why don't I use that and then just add some mint to it. So, viola! I did. I was pleased with the results (if I wasn't there is no chance they would end up on here =) ) There was just a hint of mint, not too overpowering.

1 stick butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
3/8 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp mint extract
7/8 c. flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together. Add in the egg. Add in mint. In a separate bowl combine cocoa, flour, salt, and soda. Add to the wet mixture.

Drop by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, placing them a couple inches apart.


Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack or parchment paper.

Make sure you have a cold glass of milk handy. These are addicting too.....


No comments:

Post a Comment