Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Root Beer Cookies

Everyone in my family are HUGE fans of root beer.  I have tried several recipes to try and get the root beer flavor in them.  I've done several cupcake versions and a few cookie versions.  I haven't been completely satisfied with them.  It seems like the root beer flavor always bakes out of it.  But then one day, while visiting one of my favorite blogs, Chef in Training, I found her recipe for root beer cookies.  I figured, what they hey, I'll give them a try.  Boy am I glad I did!  They were super yummy!  My hubby doesn't like white chocolate chips and he even really liked these (enough that he requested I make a batch for him to take to work to share, which he only does with the really good ones =)  )

ROOT BEER COOKIES

3/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 small box vanilla instant pudding (dry)
2 eggs
2 tsp. Root beer concentrate
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
white chocolate chips (however much you like, but probably around 1 cup)


Cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and root beer.  Beat until incorporated.  Add pudding mix, baking soda, and flour until well mixed.  Stir in white chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoons (or about 1 in big, or use a cookie dough scoop) onto a cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  They get a big glass of milk and enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment