Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chicken Stroganoff

One of our favorite meals is chicken stroganoff.  My mom used to make this, but I've changed the recipe a bit from hers.  I used to think this was the normal way to make it, until I was telling someone how I made mine and they looked at me weird when I told them I used cream cheese and Italian dressing mix.  But believe me....this is sooooo much better than just using straight sour cream.  It is nice and thick.  I love it and whenever I make it, the whole family practically lick their plates clean.  This is super easy and a great meal if you need to feed a lot of people.  It's easy to double it, but as is feeds around 6ish people, depends on how big of appetites they have.



1 lb. cubed chicken breast
1 pkg dry Italian dressing
12 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can mushrooms
1/2 c. sour cream
dash onion powder or minced onions


Cook chicken with Italian dressing.

In a bowl or pan, add cream cheese, soup, mushrooms, and sour cream.  Add onion powder or minced onions.

Once chicken is cooked, add to the chicken.  Heat through.



Serve over rice or noodles.  I've done both and I love either of them!  Make sure and have some fresh bread on hand with some butter and yum!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment