Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken, Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta


I think I should have been born in Italy.  I LOVE pasta!  Seriously LOVE!  My favorite foods are pastas and breads (yes, I know....lots of carbs....).  Another thing I love is cheese =)  (yes, I know, more calories)  So I love that this dish has lots of cheese and pasta.  while I was dishing it up the cheese was stringing out, kinda like it does with pizza (another favorite of mine).  The kids wolfed it down.

Chicken, Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2-14 oz. cans diced Italian plum tomatoes
1 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper
1 lb. pasta (tubes)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (I may have used more because my family is full of cheese freaks)
2/3 c. parmesan (I used the Kraft stuff)
2 chicken breast halves, cubed, cooked 

I sauted the chicken and used the same skillet for the rest of the stuff.
Heat the oil in the skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium high heat, 1 min. Add tomatoes and oregano and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 min. Add S&P.
Meanwhile, cook pasta. Toss pasta with sauce. Place half of pasta in an oiled 9×13” dish.Cover with half parmesan and half mozzarella. Top with remaining pasta, then parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.  Serve with some garlic bread and enjoy!!!




I didn't want to use the 9x13 pan because I knew there would be leftovers and I didn't want the leftovers to go to waste so I used 2 8x8 pans.  I cooked one, and the other, I lined with tinfoil, sprayed with cooking spray and froze.  Once it was frozen, I wrapped in tinfoil and put it in a freezer bag to serve later.  I love when I can find a meal that I can freeze for later =) (less cooking later on)

No comments:

Post a Comment