Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

I have been a little lazy with cooking lately....I haven't had much energy to put into it.  but since for some reason my family thinks they need to eat everyday, I can't avoid it.  So I love when I find easy meals.  One of my go to sites for these is 365 Days of Crockpot.  She has awesome crockpot recipes.  I love my crockpot because I can throw everything in it and let it do the work.  I found this recipe for Hawaiian Chicken on there and it looked pretty easy and yummy so I gave it a whirl.  My kids loved it!  I think this is something I am going to be making more often.  I did change a few things so if you want her original, go to her website for it.


2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour ( I think I may have used a little more)
1 (20 oz) can pineapple rings, juice reserved
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 red bell pepper, diced 

1.  Dredge the chicken thighs in the flour and place in the slow cooker.
2.  Combine 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce,  Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic powder, tapioca and vinegar.  Pour over the chicken.  
3.  Top the chicken and sauce with the pineapple rings.
4.  Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.  Add in the  pepper and cook for another 30 minutes on HIGH (without lid). (I was short on time so I cooked it on high for about 2 1/2 hours)
5.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment