Friday, July 22, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


 One of the absolute best cookies out there is the chocolate chip cookie.  There are so many things you can do with it too.  You can add different candies and nuts.  You can stuff it in cupcakes or stuff things inside of it (for those amazing recipe, go to Picky Palate).  It is one of the most versatile cookies, and it's guaranteed to please most everyone.  I like my cookies to be nice and soft, not hard.  Yes, I know, there are some cookie lovers who like the crunchy ones.....I'm just not one of them.  I used to have issues with getting my cookies to stay soft.  They would stay soft fresh out of the oven, but once they cooled, they would be more crunchy.  I tried every trick, under cooking, cold butter, freeze the dough, even several recipes.  Then I found this recipe and I have never used another chocolate chip cookie dough.  It works every time...plus, the dough itself is so good that I'm surprised any of it actually makes it into cookies.   So if you are in need of a very tried and true recipe....give this one a whirl....I promise you won't be disappointed!!!

1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla (yes, tablespoon)
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3/4-1 c. mint chocolate chips (I used the Andes)

Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla together.  Add in eggs.  Add chocolate chips.  Stir in salt, soda, and flour.  Dough will be slightly crumbly. 

Scoop out dough by rounded tablespoons and form into balls.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Let them cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a cooling rack or parchment paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment