Monday, September 12, 2011

Cinnamon Bread


You smell that delicious scent down the road?  It's coming from my house. =)  I made some cinnamon raisen bread and no matter what air freshner you have, it doesn't smell better than fresh baked bread, not matter what kind of bread, and especially cinnamon raisen.  This is one of my favorite breads.  I will eat a whole loaf by myself.  The only drawback is it can be expensive at the store.  $3 for a small loaf.  Are you kidding me?!  One day, I said, forget that, I'm making my own. And so I did.  And continue to do.  I don't think I've bought another store bought loaf since.  Plus, I can cram all the cinnamon amnd brown sugar into it that my little heart desires (and that's usually a lot).

1 1/2 c. warm water (110 degrees)
3 tbsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp yeast

2 tbsp butter- room temperature
2 tbsp milk- room temperature
1 tsp. salt
4 c. bread flour

3 tbsp butter- melted
4 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
raisens

Combine water, sugar, and yeast and set aside until becomes frothy.  Combine milk, butter, salt, and 1 cup flour.  Add in yeast mix.  Gradually add in remaining flour.  Knead in a floured surface until becomes elastic.  Form into a ball.  Place in a greased bowl.  Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
(this is before i let the dough rise)

Roll out dough in a rectangle.  Brush the top with butter.  Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over dough.  Sprinkle raisens, however little or as much as you want.  Roll up the dough starting from the long end. 
(I had to cut the end off and do a seperate loaf for my hubby because he doesn't like raisens)

Cut in half and place in 2 greased bread pans.  Brush more butter over top.  Let them rise in the pans for 1 hour.
(the third is the loaf for the spoiled one =) )

Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  Let cool in pans for 10-15 minutes before removing.  Let cool for a few more minutes before cutting (if you can wait that long).




No comments:

Post a Comment