Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles





I found this recipe and after reading it, I think I gained 5 pounds just from thinking about how many of these I would eat.  Turns out I ate more than I thought and gained 10 pounds =P.  I actually made these back in December (hence the Christmas sprinkles).  They were so simple and fast (expect the freezing part).

Cookie Dough Truffles

1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 C flour
1  -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 C mini chocolate chips ( I used mini m&m's)
2   -12 oz bags semi sweet chocolate chips ( I only used 1 but have 2 on hand, just in case)
1 T shortening, divided
Sprinkles to decorate 

Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours.  


In a liquid measuring cup, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. Only heat it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating interval. Add about 2 t of shortening to the chocolate and stir to incorporate. Dip each frozen cookie dough ball into the chocolate and then place on wax paper to set.  Sprinkle the sprinkles on top while the chocolate is still soft. Put the truffles back in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.


One of the best things about this......no raw eggs!  So you don't have to worry about salmonella when you like the beaters and sample the dough (because I know you can't resist cookie dough)....which has never bothered me before but some people are worry worts....(knock on wood because now I am going to get sick next time I eat half a batch of cookie dough).  
Also....this is a great one to let the kiddos help you with.  No cooking required.  While you dip, let them sprinkle of cookie dough).  




1 comment:

  1. Oh I could eat a whole batch of these! YUM!! I love that you added the M&M's.

    ReplyDelete