Friday, January 20, 2012

S'more Hand Pies

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of s'mores.  When I spotted this recipe while surfing the web, I knew I had to try it!  I am sooooo glad I did! You should make it too!



Mini S'mores Hand Pies


Crust
2 pie crusts (either store bought if you want to save lots of trouble or make your own)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (8 graham cracker squares, finely crushed) 
1/4 cup sugar 
1/2 c. butter

Filling 
1/2 cup marshmallow creme 
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened 
2 tablespoons sugar 

1/2 cup chocolate chips, or Hershey;s bar 

Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
Roll out pie crust. With 3-inch round cutter (I didn't have a 3-in round cutter so I used the top of a glass =)  ), cut rounds from each crust. In small shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. In another bowl, melt the butter.  Dip both sides of pie crust rounds with butter; dip into crumb mixture to coat.

Place coated pie crust rounds on cookie sheet. Place chocolate chips or Hershey's square in each.  Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon filling in center of each of the rounds. Add a pinch of graham cracker crumbs. Place remaining pie crust rounds on top of the filling on each. Pinch edges to seal, I used a fork to press them together.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store covered in refrigerator.


The first time I made it, I sued chocolate chips.  The second time, the Hershey's bar.  both were great but the Hershey's bar was a bit gooier (yum!) but I think the chocolate chips would have been better if I would have added more chips.  I also experimented the second time and when I ran out of marshmallow cream (I had 3 pies left) I just added a few mini marshmallows instead.  They turned out pretty good too (just make sure on those you seal the edges really good so the marshmallow doesn't ooze out).  They were good enough that my hubby made me make a monster batch for him to take to work.  I can't wait to hear reactions from everyone, especially since I am now famous there for treats and have won over even the most picky of tastes there.



1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from Made By You Monday...

    Yum. Oh my gosh, these are making me so hungry. They look amazing! And pinterest is acting up right now so I can't pin them! Grrr....

    ReplyDelete