Friday, July 13, 2012

Banana Pancakes




I love breakfast food.  I could eat it any time of the day.  But after awhile you get tired of the same old flavors so you need to spruce it up.  I wanted to make some pancakes for my little tykes this morning but wasn't in the mood for the same old pancakes.  Then I spied the brown bananas sitting on my counter that I have been meaning to make some banana bread or cookies with.  Then I thought about the banana foster ebelskivers I made a while back and figured banana pancakes would be good.  So I mashed up some bananas and added them to my pancake mix and cooked them.  They were delicious! Usually I have to get after my little boy a million times to quit playing and eat his food but by the time I had the second batch of pancakes cooking he had devoured his two pancakes without a peep uttered between bites. That's how I judge how big of  a hit it is by how much sound I hear.  Both kids practically licked their plates clean in 2 minutes.  And the hubby wolfed his down pretty fast too.

Banana Pancakes

1 1/4 c flour
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 c milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 shakes of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

 Combine flour,  sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4- 1/3 cup for each pancake.

 Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment