Monday, July 9, 2012

French Dip Crescent Sandwiches


I had been craving french dip sandwiches for forever! (and no it was a pregnancy craving, I had been wanting them since before I got knocked up, just never got around to making them)  I was cruising though the world of Pinterest and found this recipe.  It looked yummy!  I posted a link on my Facebook page saying I wanted to make it and my hubby piped in that he wanted me to make it and then a couple guys from his work would pay me to make some.  Score!  I made $15 off them =)  Anywho....it was a big hit with them all and they were asking when I would make them all dinner again.  My kids wolfed down 5 each and they usually only eat 1 or 2 roll-ups of any flavor.  So, moral of my story....go make some!



The original recipe is from
Mama Loves Food

French Dip Crescent Ingredients:
  • 2 packages crescent rolls, 8 count
  • 1 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced ( I used both from the deli and some good quality int he lunch meat section....they both tasted great!)
  • 4 ounces Swiss or provolone cheese, cut in 16 equal sized pieces (or you could shred it)
  • optional: Horseradish Sauce (I didn't use it)
  • optional: Au Jus for dipping (click on the link fo rher homemade recipe that is yummy!)
French Dip Crescent Directions:
  1. Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
  2. Spread a small dab of horseradish on each crescent, then place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese on each crescent.
  3. Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes, until crescents are a golden color.
  5. Serve with Au Jus and enjoy!

Although my hubby loved them, he said that they would have been better with my homemade rolls.  Mine are nice and flaky and the butter flavor doesn't overpower the dish. If you want to make your own crescent rolls, here's my awesome homemade recipe for Crescent Rolls.  Just scroll to the bottom of the page.
These also freeze great so you can make extras, cook them, and then freeze the leftovers in a ziploc freezer bag and then take them out when you want a quick meal.  To freeze the Au Jus, you can pour the juice in an ice cube tray and when frozen, pop them out and put them in a baggie and store with the leftover roll-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment