Monday, May 17, 2010

Black Bean Brownies

I love these (hence the reason half the brownies are gone and I just made them this morning)!!  I had some black bean brownies awhile ago and I wasn't too keen on them, I think it was the person who made tham didn't know how to cook right.  I found this recipe and decided to give it a whirl since I have tons of cans of black beans sitting in my cupboard. 

1 can black beans, drained
3 eggs
3 tbs oil
1/3 c. cocoa + 1 tbs
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. sugar + 2 tbs
1 tsp. baking soda
 chocolate chips (optional)

preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 8-in pan with cooking spray.  Puree the beans in either a food processor or use a potato masher.  combines beans, oil, cocoa, vanilla, sugar, soda until smooth.  gradually mix in eggs. add chocolate chips if desired
pour into pan.  let bake for about 30-40 minutes, until center comes out clean when poked with knife or toothpick. sprinkle chocolate chips over top an dlet melt (if desired)

These have a dark chocolate taste to them so I love it!!  You can't even taste the beans.  Because of the soda they have a cake-like texture.  Plus, since beans are used and not a whole lot of oil these are a much healtheir alternative.  I'm not sure on the point value but I think it is around 1 point per serving, and it has 16 servings.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment