Sunday, April 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Pork Chops

If you are anything like me, you run out of ways to cook certain dishes.  I get sick of chicken and beef (which are primarily what we eat because it's cheapest) so every once in awhile I do pork chops.  I'm not as "skilled" with chops so I struggled to make them come out not dry.  Then I foun this recipe that I made for dinner tonight.  They were so tender and juicy and full of flavor!!  This will be a favorite for sure!

Ingredients


2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
4  boneless pork chops
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning and basil. Pour into the slow cooker. Cut small slits in each pork chop with the tip of a knife, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place pork chops into the slow cooker, cover, and cook on High for 4 hours. Baste periodically with the sauce.
My chops were thin so they took about 3 hours on high.

I made some cheesy mashed potatoes and homemade french bread.  Yum!!  I think the calori content for the chops is around 250.  Not too shabby.  If you pair them with a salad and some veggies, you can have a great meal for less than 500 calories.

(sorry, no picutres, we ate it before I thought to take one)

No comments:

Post a Comment