Saturday, March 31, 2012

No-Bake Nests


With Easter around the corner, I wanted to have a cute Easter themed treat.  So I found a recipe that combines 3 of my favorite treats: Cadbury mini eggs (I stock pile these every Easter so I can have them throughout the year and I don't share with my kids....they're mine!!), coconut, and no bake cookies (I seriously lick the spoon, bowl, stove, pan and anything else that touches these cookies, clean).




No-Baked Cookie Nests
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
3 1/2 cups rolled oats
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
pinch salt
1 cup coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
mini chocolate eggs and coconut, for decorating.


Bring sugar,  milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until well incorporated.  Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin cups. Using the back of a spoon press the mixture down in the middle and up along the sides, forming a nest. Allow to harden. Using a knife, loosen the edges and gently pop out the nests. Store covered at room temperature for up to two days. Freeze for longer storage.


To decorate: Put a few drops of food coloring in the coconut and stir. Sprinkle with coconut and fill with mini eggs.  To make it really festive, do several bright Eastery colors. ( I was lame and only did green).  You could also use jelly beans or any of your small favorite Easter treats.


These are super yummy....and the best part, they are bite size!  But if you want, you can make them in regular sized muffin tins and have them bigger....but if you do mini ones, you get a lot more and can share with more people =)




When Easter is over, use the recipe to make just plain ol' no-bake cookies.  Just drop onto wax paper and let harden....then enjoy (by which I mean, try not to stuff your face too much with them)

No comments:

Post a Comment