Sunday, October 16, 2011

For lack of a better name.....Turd Cookies

The other day, when I was making my Brownie Bottom Pumpkin Cupcakes, I made a mistake in the brownie batter.  The batter was coming out way thicker than I remembered it for the Banana Bread ones.  Then I looked at where I wrote the recipe down and realized what I did.  I wrote down the wrong amount of flour and cocoa. Oops!!  But the batter tasted fine. =)  so I decided to plop some on a cookie sheet and see how they turned out.  I thought they tasted good.  They were like a dark chocolate cookie.  My hubby came home later and tried them and he really liked them and suggested we put some cashews in them and then call them turds (can you tell we have kids?).  I thought, why not?  Especially with Halloween around the corner gross looking/sounding things are acceptable.  Then my hubby told me I had to roll a few into logs.......love that guy.  When I make them for Christmas treats I'll call them reindeer turds.  Can you tell I'm not the prissy type?  now when my daughter eats them I teaser her and say "Ew! Gross!  You're eating turds!"




Turd Cookies =)
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. cocoa
1 1/4 c. flour
1/8 tsp. salt

4 tsp. milk
1/3 c. chocolate chips

Nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, whatever you prefer)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine sugar and butter.  Add in vanilla and egg.  Stir in salt, nuts, chocolate chips, and cocoa and then add flour.  Plop onto a cookie sheet bu tablespoons.  They don't need to be rounded or look pretty.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment