Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cinnamon Cookies

My friend JaNae (who is also one of the wonderful ladies on the other blog Talented Terrace Girls over at The Terrace Housewife made these butterscotch pumpkin cookies one day and I loved them!  I am usually don't like butterscotch but they were pretty good.  what really sold me was that they were only 74 calories each!  Loved that!  Then I was in Walmart the other day, browsing the baking isle, and they had all of their fall baking goodies out.  I spotted some cinnamon chips and my mind started churning out yummy ideas to use them, so I grabbed a bag (and then next day went back and grabbed 2 more and I may grab some more in a few days).  I immediately thought of how good these would be in those cookies.  So of course I am trying it out.  I am also doing a bit of changes to the recipe too =)



2 1/2 c. wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. cinnamon chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add in pumpkin, egg, pumpkin spice, and vanilla.  Mix well.  


Add in flour, soda, salt, and chips.  Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. 


 Bake for 12 minutes.  Let cool on a cooling rack.




I love the flavor of these!  They are nice and sweet, but not overpoweringly sweet.  Pumpkin pie in a cookie =)  I love the flavor that the wheat flour gives them.  It makes them a bit thicker, but still just as good.  If you're not a fan of wheat flour, use regular flour and they are still fantabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment