Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Fall is here!!!  Yay!!  I can now get my hoodies and jeans out and hide my cupcake top (not a muffin top because I haven't eaten many of those, but far too many fabulous cupcakes courtesy of my friend Teresa).  The ultimate food for fall is anything with pumpkin in it.  So I may be posting a few more pumpkin themed recipes in the next few weeks. =)

I went to Village Inn yesterday and I saw pumpkin pancakes on the menu and they sounded sooo good, but it was lunch and I wasn't in the mood for pancakes.  So I decided I would make them for breakfast in the morning since I knew I could actually make them as good or better than the ones they have there.  I think the kids wolfed theirs down before I got the second batch off the griddle.  I made extra so we can freeze them and have them tomorrow morning too =)  I think the only thing that may make these better is adding chocolate chips.....because chocolate makes everything better!


1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tbsp. oil
2tbsp. vinegar
2 c. flour
5 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. allspice
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp. salt

In a bowl, combine milk and vinegar.  Set aside 5 minutes.  In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, egg, oil, sugar, all spice, cinnamon, and ginger.  Add in milk.  Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and add to liquid mix.  Let the batter sit for about 5-10 minutes.  Then cook them as would any other pancake. =)  Serve with syrup and cream cheese topping or whipped cream.


Cream Cheese Topping
4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Mix together until there are no more cream cheese lumps.  Serve over warm pancakes and sprinkle with cinnamon.




No comments:

Post a Comment